Thursday, April 11, 2013

Beginning the Backyard Adventure

The other day we saw a bird with a red V on the back of its neck in our backyard and we found out it was a Northern Flicker.  This new friend has been seen in our yard a few times since.  Seeing a new bird is an exciting experience for me, and Connor loves all kinds of birds, bugs, snakes, and more.  With that in mind I decided to start this journal to record our shared discoveries of nature in our backyard and the surrounding area.

Today I bought a bird feeder to help attract some more birds to our yard.  So far all we have seen is our Northern Flicker, a bunch of Grackles,and an adult male house finch with a nice faint red face and chest.

I hope to get some good pictures soon to start sharing all the interesting critters Connor and I find over the months to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment